Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!

 
Now we are back in the swing of things and it is time to hit the ground running and get your kiddos ready for 5th grade.  I have told the kids that I will be a little stricter and probably be marking planners a little more.  I will be marking planners for missing or late homework.  (This was a real problem for a few students last quarter and I hope to nip it right away.)  I will also be marking NO NAME papers off with a greater percentage.  I know those middle school teachers will not be very lenient and I want your child to be ready.

In 4th quarter Social Studies, we will be studying US regions.  We will also do a state research project.  By the end of this week I hope to have the kids choose a state.  That is all I want them to do at this point.  I will walk them through each step of the project.  I have specific information that I want them to focus on and I will definitely send home more information in April.  However, they will need information about their state.  They can certainly use books from the library and some internet resources.  But, it is fun for them to receive information in the mail, and it can take several weeks to get that information.  Once we have chosen our states, I recommend that you google that state’s information or visitor’s center and request information to be sent to you.  Then, hopefully, you will receive it in plenty of time.  Please remember, just like all other projects this year, I will work with the students to make this as fun and stress free as possible. 

Finally, many students are reporting a deficiency in supplies.  Some are out of paper, pencils, glue, and a few are even missing crayons and markers.  Please check with your child and try to get those supplies replenished as soon as possible.  Thank you so much!

As always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
In Christ,
Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment